Planning to start a new online business? I'm in the process myself, and thought it might be instructive to talk you through the seven steps necessary to launch an e-business. Since we're talking about a launch, we'll begin our countdown with step seven and end with the blast off.
The first stage in the countdown, of course, is to develop the concept for the new business as clearly as possible. This can take months or come in a furious session at 2:00 am. But it needs to be thorough. I'm convinced that way too many e-businesses start with half-baked concepts and poorly thought out revenue models. I'm going to share the steps in my own new e-business with you, because you'll probably find a number of things that relate to projects you are developing yourself.
The concept forming in my mind was a world-wide Bible study that would reach tens of thousands of people, helping them learn who Jesus is and what is involved in following him, and then actually assisting participants to learn how to develop a consistent and satisfying spiritual life. Is that an e-business? Of course, since it uses an Internet marketing and delivery system. And the steps involved in launching this e-business are similar to the many for-profit ventures I've help launch over the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment